Whooooohooooo!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ruready7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to say that I completed my written test and confined water dives for open water cert this weekend. The feeling was incredible underwater breathing thru a reg for the first time. I wished I had found out about this sport years ago but at least I have now. I will complete the open water dives by the end of this month when I am on vacation.

Congratulations and have a great trip. If you liked it in the pool you will love it in the ocean.

When you get back it will be time to fall into line and be an active local diver with your nearby shop or dive club. Frequent diving is the key to being a competent and safe diver. Besides, diving is way too cool to only do it on vacation.

Pete

Congratulations! I am in the same boat as you, waiting to do my OW dies in Kauai next month. I also wish that I had done this years and years ago, and am so glad that I finally am doing it!

I just wanted to say that I completed my written test and confined water dives for open water cert this weekend. The feeling was incredible underwater breathing thru a reg for the first time. I wished I had found out about this sport years ago but at least I have now. I will complete the open water dives by the end of this month when I am on vacation.

Congrats.
Where in E. Tenn are you/ Maybe we can dive this summer?

Greetings ruready7 from the north. It is awesome to hear of your upcoming training. Scuba is a incredible sport that can turn into a life style if you get really hooked. Join the rest of us who live from dive to dive! It's been about a month since I have been in the water and I am going crazy! The greatest advice I got as a OW was to dive every chance you get and just see where you end up. For me I could not get enough so I just kept going and going! Have a blast and don't forget to check out your local diving in Tenn., I am really loving my local area. Sometimes the visibility can be a issue but it is still diving and great training! Find a local dive club or shop to introduce you to the local diving scene, I had no idea of the totally cool stuff in fresh water! Always be a student and practice skills till you can do them in your sleep! It can be like a scuba refresher on a safety stop, I love to run through skills while hanging out! Keep us posted on your progress, Cam G Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

congratulations! im sure our paths will cross in the diving world. we are practically neighbors.

Congrats! I am right where you are. Doing my check out dives May 17 and 18th in West palm beach!

-Tricia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom