Who's bought webbing from ReefScuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlazierB

Contributor
Reaction score
As the thread says...

I've looked high and low for 2" webbing. Almost everywhere where I live has a very thin nylon material and not very keen on it. I am wanting the red material as well...

Has anyone bought from them before? Anyone bought the red webbing? Your thoughts on service and the quailty on the red webbing for my harness...

Thanks in advance

Ive bought black webbing from them before. It was very good quality. I have no experience with the red, however.

I have red, black, and blue harnesses that I made from webbing that I purchased from Reef Scuba.

The webbing is stiff, but I like the harness a little stiff as it helps when donning/doffing.

Peter

When I bought blue and yellow from them about a year ago, it was identical to the black webbing I got from FredT. Worked well, though I have since sold the Yellow. One comment on the colored webbing is that for me offsetting the additional visibilty, it gets stained and discolored quickly. I wouldn't buy yellow for that reason. Blue wasn't as bad, but my AL plate is showing it's age... No idea on the red, but it would look snazzy...

jwh

I've bought 2" webbing from both Reefscuba and Strapworks. While the Strapworks stuff is fine for single tank diving, it's too floppy for adequate support for tech dives. The strap digs in too much on a this wetsuit when you have doubles and a pair of stage tanks on one side. The Reefscuba webbing is fine though.

If you want stiff webbing, make sure it's resin impregnated. Normal poly-pro is floppy without the resin.

Good stuff... I've used a lot of it. Pretty stiff. Boil it if you want to soften it a little. It is 1/16" shy of 2 inches wide. (I miss the old Halcyon stuff that was another 1/8" narrower.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom