Whos going where this week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was doubtful because of the forecasts, but tonight the wind shifted to the south so that it's coming from the SE - that means that it could be in prime position (west & northwest) for the holiday!!!

The wind is already calming down and the breeze is warm... fingers, toes and eyes crossed here...

Winds from the East all week.
So I think its wishfull thinking on your part.

Oh ya as soo as I get my kayak set up we have to get together so you can show me the ropes.
Fred

I'm diving Boynton. Seas were 3-5 today, the wind seemed to be slowing, though still from the East. Todays trip.... 1 out of 5 passengers got sea sick, but did not puke and made both dives. Trooper he was. Vis was 70+. Water temp 73. I will continue to dive Boynton, suffering through dive after dive to bring you guys the information you need to make well informed diving decisions. Just doing my part.

fgray1:
Winds from the East all week. So I think its wishfull thinking on your part...SNIP
lol well, Fred, don't forget that you missed a great day of eating & diving in spite of those forecasts a couple of weeks ago. One of us even did three dives.

Christmas was supposed to be east, and we had a beautiful west wind - I took the diveyak out pretty far down south that day and never had trouble with wind nor current.

This morning the wind was laying down, already past the "east" point and headed toward the "south" point. It was quite warm. There's no way it's coming back... that can't happen (it's always clockwise in this hemisphere).

Of course when the winds shift the seas lay down.

I gave up reading the forecasts about a month ago when I realized that my "predictions" based on NOAA intel were always bad.

The only question is when it will hit "north" and how fast it will become another northeastern. Therefore, the weekend is questionable but I'm expecting to dive Friday for sure... that's a bold prediction, I know... now let's see what really happens lol...

NOAA should call US for the short term forecast lol... trust me, diving over the next few days should improve.

If it was up to me we would have great diving weather everyday.
I'm going this weekend some where I just don't know where yet.
I couldn't come down last time cause I had to stick close to home.
But soon I will be coming down again. My brother lives in hollywood on the beach so a place to stay is no problem. Soon very soon Mike.
Fred

Well if anyone gets a dive together this weekend please let me know. I am in West Palm and dying to get out in the water. I would like to try a shore dive down in the Lauderdale area if anyone is going out. Give a yell.

MikeJacobs:
trust me, diving over the next few days should improve.

Mike - I'm off for the next few days and will be calling.

Marc

Going on the 1:30pm trip on Parrot Island. Show time 1:00pm departs at 1:30 ( obviously ) . Was posted as a Jim Atria/ reef dive. Anyone interested?????

Joe

Sunday is open for me got to work this Saturday. Man that hurts just to say it. So I am cool with just about anywhere in the area. I will be skimming through the Diving Fla book maby I can come up with some ideas.

If anyone is diving within 3 hrs of the Ocala area,let me know. Need to empty my doubles to get them hydro"d. No sense wasting good gas !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom