Who's up for diving 7-21 or 7-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gen.Lee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All!!!

I have been out of town for a many weeks now an I have a new wet suit I need to try out. Who, when, and where. WBP, Dive Haven, Pelham, or anyplace close and cheap.

Lee

will be @ WBP Sunday @ 8:00 a.m. - in Divers Cove

Have a Trip on Aug. 11th to Dive The USS Oriskany- Have 3 Seat open & Hotel-- Must be AOW, Nitrox & Deep with 40 dives in the past 24 months- If need more infor (PM)
Thanks
Clifton

Guys, can I join you on Sat ? I moved to Athens a few months ago from Miami. I'm interested in seeing some of the local sites and meeting the local divers. I usually go down cave diving in Florida but it would be nice to get some diving without having to drive 5 hours.

I have never been to Lanier. Can anyone give me directions, meeting points, cost ? You guys planning a few dives during the day ? What's there to dive ? Trying to get an idea of what to expect. What the water temp/vis ?

WBP Sunday 8-9ish

Water temps - 70-80 in top layer to about 15-20 feet
60-70 second layer 20-30 or so
Less than 60 below 30-40

I would suggest 5mm or more if you plan to go below 30-40 feet.

Viz varies by depth with the deeper areas generally clearer this time of year (10-20 feet viz) above that 5-10 feet of viz.

Mike

WBP = West Bank Park. Here is the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...695588,69.257813&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1

The cost to get in the park is $4 per vehicle. Exact change is a good idea, because you may have to feed the iron ranger. After you pay, turn left, and we will be in that parking area. I will be in the green mazda protege.

I recommend a drysuit if you have one. Temp is about 50F on the bottom. Vis is usually at least good enough to read your gauges.

There is not much in the lake. A lot of beer cans and trees and a few brake rotors. There is a boat somewhere out there, but we probably won't be going there this weekend. This will be my first dive with doubles. My light crapped out last week, and the new one hasn't come in yet. Not exactly the best time to be exploring.

Great. Beer cans and trees are better than not diving. I will see you on Sat morning. I drive a white Jetta.

I'll be in drysuit and double. Not sure how much I have left in them from my last dive but I have enough for 1 dive maybe two. Maybe I'll bring a stage just in case.

Ed, I'm gonna PM you my cell phone just in case.

Raphael

I am in a Red Montaro and will diving a dry suit with doubles.

Mike

Would love to dive with you guys this weekend, but have a wedding to attend Saturday, and Sunday I'm going down to check out JKSteger's mud-hole, Lake Juliette with MaconBubbles.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom