Why a corded light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with all the above. FWIW.. I converted to an LX20 hh light almost a year ago, and really like many features.

Pro:
-Easy to transition from BM/SM/CCR and don't have to deal with multiple lights or mounting issues.
-Extra batteries are super easy. Just a backup set up 18650s, and I can monitor the health of each indevidual cell.

Con:
-bumps on my computer when wearing on the same arm/wrist. Also can get in the was when reaching back for a spool, or to clip in/out of stage tanks. (Minor bu annoying)
-dropsies. A fumbled clip at LR. Tanic water made it a short challenge, but I found it.

I do still have a couple can lights, and like them for some stuff.

Battery life it sort of a non issue. My LX20 has more than enough burn time for my typical dives.

I am one of those divers who went from a canister light to a handheld.

1 - If I need to remove the light to have my hand free for any reason, it is much more of a PITA to need to clip it to my harness than just looping it over my neck and letting it hang. It takes longer and the possibility of dropping it is a concern.
2 - The handheld is both bigger and heavier. Both are extremely noticeable on your hand.

I agree.

I agree. But please see Dsix36's post for what else he had to say about it.

If you are going to quote me, I would really appreciate it if you did so entirely, rather than leaving out some of it without making note of the omission.

I am one of those divers who went from a canister light to a handheld light. I love it am do not see myself ever going back. There are some things I do not think are optimal though.

1 - If I need to remove the light to have my hand free for any reason, it is much more of a PITA to need to clip it to my harness than just looping it over my neck and letting it hang. It takes longer and the possibility of dropping it is a concern.
2 - The handheld is both bigger and heavier. Both are extremely noticeable on your hand.

I agree with numbers 1 and 2

I agree with numbers 1 and 2
I just did not like the way My post sounded when you omitted some of it. It sounded purely negative towards handheld, but I do not feel that way.

OK folks nothing to see here, move along :)

Back
Top Bottom