Why always luxury resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leslieinpv:
That sounds great, which credit card is the best for signing up for?

It really depends on where you live. I am in SLC so I have an AmEx and fly Delta as there is a hub here. Go over to www.flyertalk.com there is lots of discussion about this - I think now folks prefer a Visa from Starwood Hotels.

ZzzKing:
Nothing says you can't put your own vacation together. I do it all the time. Call dive ops and talk to them about diving and work the accommadations separately. Sleep on the beach and eat coconuts if you want.

Gotta agree..

1. IMHO diving isn't expensive - try say motorsport !!
2. Flights are never cheaper as now.
3. I did the Red Sea last time and stayed in a hotel - an expensive option compared to some at €30 a night, again IMHO not expensive. Now made friends there and the accomadation will be free next time (well the cost of lots of RUM) :wink:
4. BUT if you go with a non-diving partner a bit of luxury never goes amiss :14:

Come out here to California. Stay at one of the cheap motels in San Diego for $36 per night. There is lots of diving there one of the local boats runs two tank trips to the local wrecks for $50. Lots of other tourist things to do.

And then closer to my house is Catalina Island. Lots of very good divng there for just the cost of air. Also two boat operators there. Very low cost hotel is this one
Welcome to the Hermosa Hotel I've been so cheap as to split one of the $25 rooms between three divers. (less then $10 per night) No place can beat that price and diving and airfill are walking distance. (cars are mostly not allowed on the island)

What this really means is that you should talk to the local divers. They all know about cheap local diving. People only go to the expensive places because they don't know the others. Use the Internet and these forums

Come out here to California. Stay at one of the cheap motels in San Diego for $36 per night. There is lots of diving there one of the local boats runs two tank trips to the local wrecks for $50. Lots of other tourist things to do.

And then closer to my house is Catalina Island. Lots of very good divng there for just the cost of air. Also two boat operators there. Very low cost hotel is this one
Welcome to the Hermosa Hotel I've been so cheap as to split one of the $25 rooms between three divers. (less then $10 per night) No place can beat that price and diving and airfill are walking distance. (cars are mostly not allowed on the island)

What this really means is that you should talk to the local divers. They all know about cheap local diving. People only go to the expensive places because they don't know the others. Use the Internet and these forums

Sounds ACE :D Will have to investigate - California though damn that's a long way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom