Why did Zeagle discontinue the Express tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As the title asks, why? I know Zeagle still offers the deluxe version but that is not what many of your customers want. You have customers spending the extra money for the deluxe version, stripping it down to the original and diving it in it's original form. This is a definite waste of money and resources. Why would a company do away with such a beloved product as the ET? It really is the perfect travel BC or any use BC for that matter. My best guess is the new owners saw the profit margin in for the ET and decided it was not worth the effort any more and decided to only sell the "better" version for higher profit. Just my assumption of what happened but I bet it is close.

Sorry, I missed the last thread on this topic. I did not intend to bring back bad memories of the deceased:depressed: .

I got a lot of unsolicited compliments on my basic express tech from dive pros and customers alike when I was in Cancun last week. It took a dive or two get my weighting sorted out, but after that, it's almost like not wearing a bc compared to my old Ranger. I wish my Oceanic regs worked so well.

My Express Tech has been on so many divers from small teenage females to their big hulking dad's. All in one pool session. So easy to adjust and tailor to each diver. It was the one BC I most often recommended over a BPW for most of my students. I simply can't recommend the deluxe model. Too many things we need to remove from it to set it up right. The basic model was genius. The decision to discontinue it? Beyond insane and mentally defective.

I have to agree, it is my go to BC and has been for a while. Lots of divers in my LDS bought them as travel BCs. My guess is the lack of profit both for Zeagle and the dive shops is the real reason for their demise....bad move IMO on Zeagles part, esp if someone revives the idea.

Several years ago I bought the Deluxe, even though the original was still available. After a while, I removed the shoulder pads. Then I removed the back pad. So I guess what people say is true: the original had it right. I love my Express Tech and have taken it around the world in my backpack. I can't imagine a more packable BC.

Deceased? You lost me there.

As in the basic ET is dead, gone, not to be heard from again.:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom