Why did Zeagle discontinue the Express tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too bought the ET Deluxe years ago and ended up stripping most of it back down to the basics before hanging my D rings and weight pouches on it.

But I kept the back pad. It weighs next to nothing, dries easily and I really appreciate the extra padding on shore dives. I don't remember if the crotch strap was part of the "deluxe" package, but I use that, too.

I also don't remember the MSRP on the ET, but I do remember thinking it was practically a steal. I'm sure Huish considered but rejected simply raising the price to make it more profitable.

I don't anticipate needing a new BCD anytime soon, maybe ever, but if I did I would still get another ETD then strip it down and modify it to my liking. It's a great BCD.

if you still want a "bare bone" Express Tech you can still piece it together yourself on Zeagle's website I think.
Express Tech backplate
and harness

Back
Top Bottom