why do my cookies do this to me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matjo1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know this is probably a bug in my computer, not this site, but maybe you can still help me. It seems I have to delete my cookies in order to get an updated version of the SB page. Why:confused:

:confused: Indeed!

Normally, a simple refresh will get you a new page.

Even days later, my latest posts won't show up until I delete my cookies!? Thanks for the quick reply by the way! (Thoroughly impressed)

if you are using MS internet Explorer hold down the CRTL key and press the F5 key, this should refresh the page. If you are using IE go into properties and under the settings in Browsing History you can change the setting on when to check for a new version of the webpage

Could be your IE settings. Get Firefox!

There's one where you can set when you refresh the page. It could be set to not refresh.

matjo1:
I know this is probably a bug in my computer, not this site, but maybe you can still help me. It seems I have to delete my cookies in order to get an updated version of the SB page. Why:confused:
If you're using Internet Explorer, your browser is attempting to increase performance by showing you a cached (saved) version of the page.

You can tell it to not do this by selecting the Tools Menu, then selecting the "General" tab, and clicking the "Settings" button in the "Browsing History" section.

Select the option that says "Check for newer versions of stored pages: Every time I visit the webpage", then click "OK" and "OK" again.

You should now get the current page each time.

There are other possible causes, but this is the most common.

Terry

big mak, you da man!!!!!!! Shows how computer illiterate I am!! Thanks buddy. I had the "never" box checked off! Case closed!

/Cave diver joke You are obviously dropping your cookies on the wrong side of the jump. Such strokery is going to get you killed. Cave diver joke/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom