Why Don't You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the hijack -- When I heard about this "all you can eat" Nitrox deal, I went to the LDS I was then using and asked them if they'd do something like that, and they not only said no, but they warned me that the last shop to offer such a program went out of business, leaving the people who had prepaid high and dry.

So I changed shops.

4 hours to dive for me, 6 for good diving. Why don't I dive more. Well when I change jobs next year, I will. used to dive 3-4 days a week, but then again, I used to live in Hawaii.

Luckily I only live about 1/2 hour down back roads to a place that I can solo dive at. There is at least one charter boat that is about an hour's drive from me, but if I am going to drive one hour and pay $60 or better for a charter, I'll just drive the extra 1 1/2 hours to cave country. Of course, the dollars add up real quick then.

The one shop that was in my area and easily accessible to me closed up, so it is a bit more of a hassle to get fills even when I do go to the close solo site.

Last spring/early summer I was getting in drives to cave country every other weekend at least, and sometimes staying over night. But this year the money has been much more scarce, so I have only been getting out every 6-8 weeks. It bites, especially after diving so much last year, buying gear, finding good dive buddies, etc.

[hijack] freefloat! great to see you, girl! [/hijack]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom