Why I envy everyone here ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
... because I had the chance to visit LA and the Southern California area and what a beautiful place it was! I never had the chance to dive because I was working but if you are a diver, there is no better place to live than LA (IMHO).

I would rank LA even higher than those exotic dive destinations that offer great diving but are situated in the middle of nowhere! LA brings world class diving right in the middle of a mega city! It gives you the chance to enjoy some of the greatest dives the world has to offer along with all the luxuries that a modern city has to offer. What more could you ask??? :rofl3:

Besides ... the place talks to me man! The roads talk to you, the hills talk to you, the ocean talks to you. I was driving down the beach in Malibu and the waves were talking to me. They were actually having a conversation that I could understand. Then to the other side there were green hills that spoke to me. I live in Virginia where there were green forests and mountains but they dont talk to you :idk:

This place calls my name ... it speaks to me like I was there in some other life and now I remember it. Weird crazy spiritual experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
... the roads talk to you ...

Those are just the voices in your head flaring up in bumper-to-bumper 405 traffic.

What more could you ask???

Warmer water? Had a dive 2 weekends ago bottom out at 48F.

In all seriousness, I love it here. San Diego is about the only other place I'd rather be.

Last edited:
LA is great, but the cold water shrinks my nuts.......I love Loreto baja a short 1.5 Hr flight from LA

... because I had the chance to visit LA and the Southern California area and what a beautiful place it was! I never had the chance to dive because I was working but if you are a diver, there is no better place to live than LA (IMHO).

I would rank LA even higher than those exotic dive destinations that offer great diving but are situated in the middle of nowhere! LA brings world class diving right in the middle of a mega city! It gives you the chance to enjoy some of the greatest dives the world has to offer along with all the luxuries that a modern city has to offer. What more could you ask??? :rofl3:

Besides ... the place talks to me man! The roads talk to you, the hills talk to you, the ocean talks to you. I was driving down the beach in Malibu and the waves were talking to me. They were actually having a conversation that I could understand. Then to the other side there were green hills that spoke to me. I live in Virginia where there were green forests and mountains but they dont talk to you :idk:

This place calls my name ... it speaks to me like I was there in some other life and now I remember it. Weird crazy spiritual experience.

Sounds like you already found the street vendors of the hallucinogens!

Those are just the voices in your head flaring up in bumper-to-bumper 405 traffic.

Warmer water? Had a dive 2 weekends ago bottom out at 48F.

In all seriousness, I love it here. San Diego is about the only other place I'd rather be.

So you do dry suit?

I do like it here in San Diego ... The beach and diving, a minute away ... wreck alley just 15 minutes off shore ... Mountains with snow in the wintertime just 1/2 hour away ... the largest state park, Anza Borrego desert with 500 miles of dirt roads for exploring/camping just 1 hour away ... the Algodones sand dunes for riding/driving off road 2 hours away, Catalina island 2 hours away ...
It speaks to me too

. . .Los Angeles County, the Birthplace of Recreational Scuba: where you can snowboard/ski in Winter Mountain Wilderness; then turn back around to swim, surf & night dive in Kelp Forests at Mainland Beaches; and finally come home to Suburbia with a perfect Mediterranean Climate --all done within either a span of 12 hrs, or a leisurely paced Weekend. . . !
But the cost-of-living will bleed you dry:depressed: !

What's the old saying? The grass is always greener...

LA is great, but so is pretty much the entire coastline from the Canadian border to the Mexican Border. I would say each area has its pro's and con's, but all worth diving.

I love LA, OC, and SD equally since I enjoy diving each area...but it doesn't mean I don't dream about heading to warmer clearer waters :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom