Why I should Not be Solo Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff: I made a joke about Edmonton because I live in Vancouver. We really don't need much help :wink:

I don't know enough about Scientology (nor DIR most likely) to understand which of the two groups should be insulted.
:)

fndmylove:
haha, that's hilarious.

In all seriousness, you got some answers already (in both threads). IMO, if you want to go solo, go take a course after you've got a good sized number of dives in a small amount of time.

I don't have a self donning drysuit (so no solo for me) but even if I did, I'm not sure that I would want to pursuit it.

From what I remember SSI has a solo course.

Good luck.

Bjorn

jeckyll:
I don't know enough about Scientology (nor DIR most likely) to understand which of the two groups should be insulted.
:)
The Scientology guys :wink:

JeffG:
The Scientology guys :wink:

That's what I was afraid of :rofl3:

onfloat:
I was thinking the South Park guys.:D
Cruise was in the closest. :wink:

Packhorse:
So what sort of equipment do you use on your solo dives?

All Scuba pro...but you are probably concerned with redundancy...I do want to restate that I only have dived and plan to dive solo, very shallow for a long time, less than 30 ft. and at an average of 15-20 ft. . I use a standard 80 cu. ft. and a 13 cu. ft. slung on my right side (right handed and I prefer to use my best hand in an emergency). I know the 13 cu. ft. does not give me that much time at depth, but what depth? Also, the 13 cu. ft. has an H20Odessey Second Stage and it hangs directly beneath my face during the dive. I have my right hand placed on this second stage for most if not all of the dive. I'm also pondering a third redundant source, upside down mounted to my main, could it hurt?

Ok so Lamont was right, that sounds too defensive.

Why shouldn't you solo dive?

This one is easy. Because if something does goes wrong, you won't have anyone around to say "I told you so" and laugh at you...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom