Why not a NEX-5R for video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krame

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Still plugging away at what to buy. This week's edition of 20 questions revolve around the[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sony NEX-5R.

The 5R can be picked up for $500 with an 18-55 lens, and a 10 Bar Housing with a flat port for ~$840. This puts it at below the initial buy in cost of a Sony RX100ii. In terms of video, all the lovely marketing tells me that it is superior.

So why aren't people flocking to the 5N? Or are they just out diving it, and not posting here?

Thanks,

Mark[/FONT]

Hey all,

Still plugging away at what to buy. This week's edition of 20 questions revolve around the Sony NEX-5R.

The 5R can be picked up for $500 with an 18-55 lens, and a 10 Bar Housing with a flat port for ~$840. This puts it at below the initial buy in cost of a Sony RX100ii. In terms of video, all the lovely marketing tells me that it is superior.

So why aren't people flocking to the 5N? Or are they just out diving it, and not posting here?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I would suggest... Go for it! Check out all the videos on my YouTube Channel all shot with the Sony NEX5R

I will be posting some more tutorials about my experience with this camera in upcoming videos, but as you can see I've been able to get some pretty good results.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I sure will! Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom