Why Not Take Dr. Bill Home With You?

Why haven't you bought one of Dr. Bill's incredible DVDs?

• It's the economy, stupid

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • the narration is too detailed and technical for my tastes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the humor isn't as good as your weekly newspaper columns

• they are too expensive for me since I earn minimum wage (recommend a price point at which you'd buy)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • SoCal kelp forests don't interest me, do some for warm water wussies

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • the quality of the footage isn't up to my high def standards

• I'm a dive bum just like you Dr. Bill

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Giving my reason(s) in the post below

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does Dr. Bill:

a. fix breakfast on command
b. clean up after fixing breakfast on command
c. remain unobtrusively out of one's way until required
d. provide help with difficult Sudoku puzzles
e. does not gloat after providing help with difficult Sudoku puzzles
f. provide for his own room and board
g. refrain from bringing friends for late night parties, loud music, and assorted personal items left behind?
h. show his gratitude by mowing the lawn, hedging the hedge, trimming the bushes, and sweeping the sidewalk?

serious responses only

on the serious side, i just dont' buy DVD's of any sort ... though i've heard good things about yours. i am afraid i am not your target audience.

Sorry Dr. Bill, you seem like a nice guy but I have a strict policy against mixing things I enjoy with politics that I hate. It's the same reason I can't buy Springsteen music anymore or watch Sean Penn movies (who is a great actor by the way). I just couldn't enjoy the videos without thinking of all of your glowing posts that I've seen about what wonderful Americans Hillary Clinton and Al Gore are. I know this seems trivial but you did ask. By the way, before I get lambasted I wasn't a big fan of George Bush either. I'm sure the videos are great though and I hope you sell a ton of them.

Hey, at least we agree on George Bush!

I was actually hoping to get some serious replies here... but I guess that was expecting far too much!

I was actually hoping to get some serious replies here... but I guess that was expecting far too much!

It's teh internet!

Anyway, after looking at the samples what slows me down is replayability.
The content is great, instructive, pretty good quality, but... it's probably not something I'd watch twice.

I usually only buy movies I'll know I'll want to watch again every over year - and use netflix for the rest. I'm reluctant to spend $30 on something I'll watch only once.

I think a pay per view or subscription system would be ideal for that kind of content. (But then I can't even start to figure out how to get started on something like that).

I was waiting for you to send me some as a gift because you think I'm hot.:eyebrow:

I am not sure that I am your target audience either. I get my enjoyment diving from the photos I or my wife takes as it is a personal experience for me.

I am sure your work is good and if it were on TV I imagine I would watch it. I *might* even pay $4-$5 to rent your dvd, but I really don't have any reason to purchase it - especially at $30 a pop.

I applaud your position in trying to educate others who may not have the opportunity to experience the underwater world like some of us and wish you the best of luck in selling your dvd's.

Why not take Dr. Bill home with you? We'll both be glad you did!!

Gotta try that pick-up line myself someday!

Maybe if you hired Sigourney Weaver to narrate them. :wink:

Okay, getting some better answers now and they make sense. My ultimate market is cable TV and other content providers (such as cell phone podcasts). Makes sense that you wouldn't buy a DVD you'd only watch once. Of course my set of podcasts is a real bargain considering you get all my "Munching & Mating in the Macrocystis" episodes (hours of content) for a very reasonable cost.

Can you mimic "NetFlix" and have a rotating, subscription-based model? Like for $20 a month you can rent, renturn, and get another DVD, up to 3x/month...

My diving DVD libary if full of DVDs I watched only once or twice and have memorized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom