Whytecliff Park, photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newmanl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Folks,

I have limited underwater photography experience here in our own backyard - more in warmer water, but thought I'd post a few of the ones I'm willing to show (I'm my own worst critic... I hope), despite the less than great vis at Whytecliff today!

I shoot with a Canon 30D in an Ikelite housing with a single DS-160 strobe. These were taken with a 100/2.8 macro.

Lee

Longfin sculpin
IMG_0438.jpg

Lingcod
IMG_0451.jpg

Frosted nudibranch
IMG_0456.jpg

Love the longfin sculpin picture! Those little guys are so brilliantly colored, and so repay a close inspection!

Beautifully done!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Love the longfin sculpin picture! Those little guys are so brilliantly colored, and so repay a close inspection!

I really like how you can see the burst of the strobe reflected in the sculpin's eye. Beautifully shot (all of them) Lee.

Nice shots.

I find photography makes low vis dives more enjoyable. It gets you focusing on the small stuff and macro shots instead of staring out into the haze wishing the vis was better.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the very generous comments. Deepdiverbc, thanks for the very insightful comment about photography making low-vis dives more enjoyable - you're absolutely right!

Thanks again everyone.

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom