Whytecliff Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter: I would very much be interested in doing that with people who have some experience with the area, and the activity. Let me know if you want to make that happen... we can shuttle :wink:

I would be happy to do the drift dive again. I am in training for the next few weeks, but I will try to look at the tides when I am done and give you a shout. You need to be comfortable in the water, ie have a reasonable RMV, and not afraid of a bit of a swim.

Peter

We have a regular informal group that dives Whytecliff on Friday Evenings at 7pm (weather permitting) if you wish to join us you are welcome to. The majority of us know WC quite well.

Thanks for the heads up, might have to make that happen one of these days. Havn't ever done a night dive in more than 10' of viz... :wink:

the viz was good last Friday night. A seal came and hunted off our lights :)

the viz was good last Friday night. A seal came and hunted off our lights :)

Lucky! I want to see a seal under water. I've seen them nearby when I've been on the surface, plenty when on SI, and once one just at the edge of viz briefly, but never any good sightings... Yet..

Like these guys eh :)

74088_10150120872173998_676848997_7684327_851604_n.jpg

149670_10150120872008998_676848997_7684324_7257458_n.jpg

76111_10150120871968998_676848997_7684322_3847697_n.jpg

Wow, those are some pretty solid photos. I thought there were rules against hunting with lights. Must have status.

I have seen the same thing. While hovering, respectfully, near the Anenome garden a seal darted in and out quite roughly, using our lights to fish with. Ha ha, we were so careful, it was so hungry.
Mind you I could not see any damage. All in all it was a joy to see. Any time you think you can swim, a moment with a seal dashing about puts it into perspective.

Peter

AWESOME photos, Mike!

I just dropped my drysuit off to get the neck seal replaced... as soon as that's done I _NEED_ to get back into the water and resume the seal search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom