Wide-angle conversion lens cap question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
One of the things I love about my DX-1G, lenses and duo strobes is the string lanyards that they come with. Unfortunately, the lens cap came off during the surface swim the first time I took the camera out. The lens caps don't have a lanyard. I've gone to a couple Sea&Sea dealers and looked online for a replacement, but since Sea&Sea doesn't manufacture the lenses, they don't sell the caps. Anyone know where I can order lens caps for the wide-angle conversion and close-up lenses?

Hi Max-
SEA&SEA actually does manufacture the lenses, but Japan does not make the lens caps available to distributors and as a result retailers. We are researching an alternative right now and hopefully will be able to post something positive in the next few days. Thanks for your patience.

Max-
Replacement covers have become available - these should be received in the US within 2-3 weeks. Information for ordering through your authorized retailer is below:

PRODUCT # DESCRIPTION MSRP
SS-92996 DX-5/8000G AND DX-1G/2G WIDE-ANGLE LENS FRONT COVER $16.00
SS-0412-X-02 DX-5/8000G WIDE-ANGLE LENS REAR COVER $8.00
SS-0652-K-01 DX-1G/2G WIDE-ANGLE LENS REAR COVER $8.00

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom