Wide angle for Sony HC7 in Top dawg II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlairM

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an internal wide angle lens to be used with an HC7 in a top dawg II housing.

I've had a search through the forum but couldn't find anything specific to this setup, though I'm sure its come up on here before.

If anyone could be point me in the right direction, or advise what is commonly used, or has experience with a lens that works well with this combo without vignetting that would be great.

I am looking for mid-range wide angle of view (not extreme wide angle) and this will be used while freediving generally in depths 10m or less.

Thanks.

I'm not so sure about a WA lens being a necessity. I have one, a WA-20 and used it almost exclusively on my first video. Second trip I used it sparingly and third trip I didn't even take it along. Must be noted that it has adaptors added so it's a quick on-off with bayonet mount.

I would imagine it depends on just what you're filming and where. Mot of my diving is in the Caribbean or oceans attached. Most of the filming of critters are the normal turtles, sand sharks, and smaller critters. You dive so you know what to expect. For this I feel a Macro would be more appropriate. Very seldom have I had need of the WA anymore.

I'll tell you what is absolutely necessary. A filter for the water you're diving---blue or green. And with the HC-7, unless you're doing night dives or inside wrecks you don't necessarily need lights either. The lights ad WA lens are things you can always add as needed. The filter is a must.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom