Wide angle lens problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver2fun

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having problems getting water inside the space between my wide angle lens and camera port.
I have a fix s100 housing and the inon m67 Uwl h100 lens + dome, there are a few gaps in the threaded part, but they're not big enough to
completely flood it, so I have to partly unscrew the lens to get all air out. It's not a big deal but I prefer not having to do it - what should I do?
Thanks in advance

This is not an unusual problem and I am afraid the answer is to enlarge the holes in the adapter and/or remove the lens underwater. Mine floods completely but will often leave a stubborn bubble or two. I can sometimes shake it off but often just remove the lens and fan them off with my hand.

Then after getting it all clear and ready to go, all the divers I am forced to dive with because my solo cert is not accepted often as not then swim under me and put bubbles back inside the adaptor. Frustrating.

Clear your lens, stay away from other divers if possible, take pictures, hope for the best.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom