Will the Zeagle Split Saddle Strap Assembly fix on the Zeagle Express?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm researching the crotch-strap options for my Express Tech Delux. Will the Zeagle Split Saddle Strap Assembly fit (and work) on the Express Tech Delux? I'm happy with it the way it is, but I've read that the crotch strap improves the ride. I also noticed that the Zeagle BCD did some serious wear to my wet suite, and that may have something to do with the fit. Thanks in advance.

I had a ride-up issue with my Stiletto, so I sent it to Zeagle with a note about the problems I was having and they put a Split Saddle Strap on it for free. Adding this feature makes all the difference for me personally, and is definitely worth considering. The extra stability really helps to tie the BCD to your breathing, and makes my whole rig feel more responsive and secure.

You may be able to make the split saddle strap work but it would be quite bit of work. The split saddle strap has Two plastic buckles in the front, one on each side of the Y. The BC side if those buckles attach to the left and right sides of the cumberbun with plastic sex bolts through existing holes on the cumberbun.

A standard 1 1/2" or 2" back plate crotch strap attaches directly to the ET. There is an attachment point on the bottom of the ET plate and the front attaches though a loop on the front of the crotch strap that goes through the waist belt.

I have a Ranger with the Y strap and an ET with a standard plate strap each works well and seves it's purpose of keeping the BC from riding up.

A generic 1 1/2" or 2" crotch strap with a plastic buckle would work well and be cheaper than the Y saddle strap.

Hope this helps

After looking closely at the BCD, and photos of the crotch straps, I completely understand. I'll probably go with a Dive Rite. 1.5 or 2" ???? What do you think is best?

I'm also having a issue with my BCD riding up if it's not really tight on the belly which make it a little uncomfortable, so I purchased a Zeagle
Split Saddle Strap for my Ranger, going to try it out tomorrow to see if it helps.

I've used the saddle style strap on a Mares Pegasus bcd and now use a 2 inch crotch strap on my express tech. I found the 2 inch crotch strap to be more comfortable and easier to use (just one large buckle to snap vs two smaller ones). I think the wider the strap the more comfortable it will be. Plus the express tech is already set up for the single crotch strap!

I have the 2in Dive Right on mine, very comfy.

I have a 1 1/2" on mine only because that is what the LDS had in stock. Works fine. I guess it boils down to whats available and personal preference.

so I'm back from today's dive using the Zeagle split saddle strap for the first time, it really helped with the BC not ridding, but it's not comfortable. I think I'm going to take a look at the Dive Rite 2" crotch strap.
Question for those using the Dive Rite 2" crotch strap, does it mount the same way the Zeagle split saddle strap does? a picture would be awesome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom