Willing to Learn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've already got it...

that you are willing to learn.

The rest is easy. Be observant, ask questions.

HI atboy,

As you said "you are willing to learn". Or as I say it, "dive with a spirit of continuous improvement".

I take it you are not yet certified. Along with your course I'd suggest scouring the Basic & New divers forums along with the gear forums. There is a lot to learn about gear in order to get the right stuff for yourself.

I also suggest adding some detail to your profile. For instance if you state your whereabouts you are more likely to connect with a mentor that can help you along. Folks can make better suggestions where to get equipment or what equipment may be most appropriate. Just as important is the possibility of hooking up with new dive buddies.

Welcome and good luck!

Pete

Hey atboy,

A long time ago I told my martial arts class the following. "I cannot teach you martial arts. No one can. The best I can do is lay the information out in front of you. It is entirely up to you to either pick it up, or not."

We have standards in SCUBA that each student must meet in order to receive that card. That is nothing compared to you going after it and actually learning.

So go ahead and go for it. There is a whole world out there willing to give you the information. Now, pick it up.

Jeff G.

I am new in Diving and willing to learn anything about it.
what is the main condition that people should has in order
to go dive. :D

You only need two things: enthusiasm, and lots of money... and a car with plenty of luggage space; three things, enthusiasm, money and luggage space... and an understanding partner; four things - enthusiasm, money, luggage space, understanding partner... ... and a spare room for all your dive gear. I'll come in again...

some would say DIR or you die, but in reality you have it down--'willing to learn'.......

Just talk to a few different instructors and find someone that you like and trust. After that it is just a matter of getting comfortable in the water.

Troll perhaps???

Back
Top Bottom