Willow Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayJudge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well, I'll start with the report...
Willow Springs PA, 42 degrees water temp, 44 air. Vis 5-8 in spots worse. First dive, went from the warming shack dock to the bus-couldn't see the hole in the roof from the passenger door. There were 2 groups doing check out dives, so we figured they got the silt up, before we got there. Went on to the canoe and the Minnow? One of the divers started getting cold, so we turned the dive (she was diving wet). went back same way we came, and ended the dive at 26 minutes. Second dive, JR and I went to the van, the boat, and eventually the Quest. I was using my new Cochran computer, looked down, saw 4:18, 4:17, 4:16-exactly a second apart. Of course I jump to the conclusion that it is messing up, so we start heading back. Then, it dawned on me-'hey dorkus! Its recalculating bottom time' I looked again and sure enough, I now had 5:09. :rofl3: Always fun to do those first dives with a radically different piece of equipment. Duh. So, we went to the Quest, played for a bit and headed home. 38 minutes of fun as always :D Used my doubles for both dives, 1750 left out of 3000- they are so awesome.
-Jay

Is willow springs still open?? Talked to a couple that went there a little while back and they said that it was closing. Thier story was some guy bought it and was going to use it as a private lake for him and his girlfriend to ride jetskis?

Tom and Joya own it now- I just bought a season pass a few weeks back- they are going full steam it seems. There were a bunch of rumors about the closing, especially when the website went down, but they appear to be hoaxes. Probably started by another quarry in my opinion. A bunch of us are planning to hit there in April.
-Jay

Thanks for the info I will dispell that rumor here on the Eastern Shore and will pass it on to our dive group and come visit then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom