Willow Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willow Springs gets a lot of negative feedback in terms of viz, I was there for my first time in May and we had about 10-15ft.

But it's a lot shallower than other PA quarries and as a result, warmer.

There's some remnants of the working quarry submerged, like a steam press I believe, as well as some rail tracks on one end of the lake.

One of the guys I dove with says he spots fresh water eels on occasion there as well. He saw one that night, an albino.

Unfortunately I didn't catch it.

I once dove there in October (2-3 years ago) when the rains had stopped for several weeks and not many divers were in the pond. The Viz was 20-30 feet. The Quest was actually a nice wooden boat and we did several rescue skills on it.

The following year we dove Willow after a rain storm past the night before. The viz was awful. I actually hit my head on the side of the Quest looking for it. I was also barely seperated from by partner and the only way we found each was to look for bubbles.

Willow has a lot of potential for training but until they solve the run off problems after the rains, the Viz will continue to be a problem. Max depth is 45 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom