Wind surfing with the Paddlefish at Haigh today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Although the wife's B-day kept me from traveling down to Gilboa this weekend, today perhaps was some of my best diving at Haigh. Although the weather was crappy, the visibility was incredible...40 plus feet on the north end, around the fish habitats, buoyancy course and rock crusher. We even encountered the mythical Paddlefish! Temperatures, on the north end, were in the low to upper 50's at 20-30 feet. Well, with the winds came some strong currents...wind-surfing during the SI anyone?

O'Malley:
Although the wife's B-day kept me from traveling down to Gilboa this weekend, today perhaps was some of my best diving at Haigh. Although the weather was crappy, the visibility was incredible...40 plus feet on the north end, around the fish habitats, buoyancy course and rock crusher. We even encountered the mythical Paddlefish! Temperatures, on the north end, were in the low to upper 50's at 20-30 feet. Well, with the winds came some strong currents...wind-surfing during the SI anyone?

Wish they had camping at Haigh! Maybe we could do a Meet & Greet there someday!

I have to agree. Vis was great. I was wondering if you were ok down there. When I left, I think you were the only one left.

Dennis

O'Malley:

Did a brief dive on Saturday there and that was pretty darn close to the best viz i have ever seen there

Yeah, the instructor-type folks I was diving with voiced this also...in their years diving Haigh, the viz had never been better. It's not often that I could put my face into the waters and make out the contours of the bottom.

man... when I got sick on friday I really thought it was sh....y. Now I know.... It was more then that. WHY ME?!?!

Kat:
Maybe we could put a Meet & Greet together at Pearl Lake. They have camping there.

You know, since I already have been to one meet and greet camp out, I might not mind a second! We had three representitives of the Chicagoland area at Gilboa, maybe we can meet more of each other at Pearl Lake. I'm game.

I've never been to Pearl.....and I dont camp...hotels work for me....

doesnt Pearl suck? Why dont we go to Mermet Springs where the viz is better...get a block of hotel rooms and have one big partyyyyyyyy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom