Wing(s) for NARROW Mini Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danseur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So almost ready to assemble my LP50 doubles with a narrow manifold and bands.

Wing Candidates:

Oxycheq 42# horseshoe
Halcyon 40# Evolve
Nomad (old style)
Dive Rite Venture wing (old style)

Total width shall be a tick shy of 13".

My guess is the Oxycheq, but I might be selling that off... The others stay as I have a determined use for each. (SM instructor/loaner, AL80 Doubles, and my OW teaching rig)

Thoughts or experience?

I have used my buddies mini double 50's with my HOG 32# wing and it worked perfectly. I would love to have a couple of sets of them, they dive beautiful.

Is that Hog 32# a singles wing?

There was a version of the dive rite travel wing a few years back that was bigger, maybe 40 lbs lift, and wider than either the previous or subsequent versions. It wasn't very successful as it was far too big for most single tank users. I'd bet there are still quite a few around for sale. I think it would be perfect for double 50s.

I use a UTD delta wing, it's super tight and streamlined, with 37# of lift. The best part is that the inflator can be moved to the lower section of the wing to replace the opv so it can be rigged for sidemount as well.

The HOG 32 is designed as a singles wing but no reason it could not be used for small doubles like the OP is going with. I'm going to try mine with my 72's one of these days with the drysuit.

Hog now has a 23 lb that might be even better.

I have used my buddies mini double 50's with my HOG 32# wing and it worked perfectly. I would love to have a couple of sets of them, they dive beautiful.

As been already said it is a singles wing, but with the narrow 50's it works perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom