Wing sizing. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Apologies in advance for double-posting. It was suggested to me I'd be better served posting to this group:

-------------repeat post follows---------------

How much "extra" capacity should I have in a wing?

I'm planning on sidemount double Sherwood HP120's (~15-16 lbs wet) + AL40 stage bottle (~ 4 lbs wet) + SS backplate (~ 6 lbs), plus 3 sets of primaries+secondaries (figure another 2-3 lbs each) which gives me a grand total of ~50-~55 lbs.

Do I really need to look at a 'monster' 60 lb wing?

Thanks!

Apologies in advance for double-posting. It was suggested to me I'd be better served posting to this group:

-------------repeat post follows---------------

How much "extra" capacity should I have in a wing?

I'm planning on sidemount double Sherwood HP120's (~15-16 lbs wet) + AL40 stage bottle (~ 4 lbs wet) + SS backplate (~ 6 lbs), plus 3 sets of primaries+secondaries (figure another 2-3 lbs each) which gives me a grand total of ~50-~55 lbs.

Do I really need to look at a 'monster' 60 lb wing?

Thanks!

1) How buoyant is your exposure suit? The key is to select components (tanks, plates, etc.) that are equal to or less than the buoyancy of your suit when the tanks are empty.

2) Are you sidemounting? if so what is the 6 lbs ss plate for......

Tobin

Are you using a wet or dry suit ????

Back
Top Bottom