Winter Diving withdrawal syndrome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
I havent dive at all since i was certified more than a month ago and i feel really depressed !!! plus the cold winter days are not helping at all !!

So how do you all seasoned divers beat the winter blues ?? and please dont tell me to go to the tropics cause i cant afford it and have to work !!!!

also submerging my heads to the aquarium isnt a viable option either !!!!! ....... i already tried that ! :(

Even when I dove wet, I would continue diving... don't know exactly based on your location as "The South", but you can be creative... I'm from "The North" (not the extreme north like some of our brethren), but nonetheless, where theres a will theres a way!!

How bad do you want to dive??

wb

Have you tried contacting a local dive club? Cold/winter is not a reason not to dive.

Phil

Just keep on diving. I went this past Sat. out in Puget Sound with a wetsuit. Didn't have any problem staying warm except for between dives, my hands did get a little chilled. The water temp. was recorded as 48 degrees (is that considered cold?).

Where in the south do you live? I live in Florida and we still have doable diving conditions. If you don't live too far away from here, the springs in Florida are about 72 degrees all year around. You could also take a weekend to somewhere warmer if you live near here. Keep diving!

I thoughts that why you got that thick wetsuit--so you could keep diving through the winter.

Back
Top Bottom