Winter in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys/gals from BC are weenies.

wow....good thing I am not from here. I just moved here for the weather and the diving.:D
Not the shoveling and having to wear long pants. All my medicinal marijuana plants have frozen, I cant get my Volvo started and I dont know when the snow will melt enough so I will be able to hug an old growth tree. :(

We might have to use the old growth trees for fire wood

Pffff I wish I could be there. The stupid part of me moved to the Netherlands and took my body with it. Rotterdam is like Vancouver except the summers are cold too....

R..

I grew up in Kimberley. I miss the mountains.

and I miss the diving around Vancouver. Comparitively speaking, the diving in Holland, although excellent in the sense that there are a lot of places to dive, is like drinking butterfly p.iss when you really want a beer.

What about you?

R..

Seriously! My little brother was born in Kimberley. We lived in Elkford for a while - my father was the engineer on the mine when they opened it in what, 68 or so? But we moved to Calgary when I was about 5, so I'm really an Albertan. The mountains - I grew up in them, on skis in the winter, on a horse in the summer. I think I miss the mountains more than I miss my relatives. The Yucatan is flat as a pancake. Ah, but the diving......

Small world!

My father said to me when I moved here... "Rob, you can take the boy out of the mountains but you'll never get the mountains out of the boy".

He was right. I've built up a life in Holland but it's not really a great country to live in. The climate sucks and they don't like foreigners here at all, despite how superficially pleasant they are with tourists....and the government in this country is hell bent on making the whole society like one big nightmare out of that George Orwell novel 1984. Have you read that? You should, then you'll know what it's like to live in Western Europe as a North American.

I'd really like to leave, actually. My wife would probably move to Vancouver if I really pushed the point but I wouldn't want to see them (my wife and kids) go through a culture shock and all kinds of emotional nastiness before we were living there all nice and balanced again.

So I'll wait it out. You can get used to the Dutch as long as you are picky enough about who you hang around with.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom