Winter tasks at Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have any ideas on what we could do at Lanier this winter?

I thought about mapping out one of the coves and showing the correlation between distance from shore and depth on a map and post a copy online or drop off at some of the local shops.

I don't know. Maybe work on that Nav course somehow this winter...

Any ideas on what may be a fun "project" that us Looney Birds could do? I'm just looking for an "official" reason to head up to the pond alot this year. Would make the kitchen passes for a few hours easier.
icon_smile.gif

Any suggestions or ideas????

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Not really, but I'm willing to help out. I'll by taking my Nav course the first Wed of October so I'm sure I'll be needing some practice. I'm sure one winter in Lanier will convince me that I "need" a dry suit.

m7scuba:
... I'm sure one winter in Lanier will convince me that I "need" a dry suit.

I'm convinced I 'need' a dry suit but alas my pocket book says otherwise! My car will be paid off next August and my wife says that I can get a drysuit next year after the car is paid off. Yee Haww!

Seriously it is cold but a 30 min dive is doable in a 7mil with thick gloves, boots and hood.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Anyone have any ideas on what we could do at Lanier this winter?

I thought about mapping out one of the coves and showing the correlation between distance from shore and depth on a map and post a copy online or drop off at some of the local shops.

I don't know. Maybe work on that Nav course somehow this winter...

Any ideas on what may be a fun "project" that us Looney Birds could do? I'm just looking for an "official" reason to head up to the pond alot this year. Would make the kitchen passes for a few hours easier.
icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

I found the perfect one....

...lets just dive and have a good time!!!

Jeremy

I'd still like to lay out a trail starting in Diver's Cove, descending into the "forrest", dropping down in stages to about 100' and then back up.

I've been saving up my Mayfield yellow milk jugs. I've got a BUNCH of them.

the K

The Kraken:
I'd still like to lay out a trail starting in Diver's Cove, descending into the "forrest", dropping down in stages to about 100' and then back up.

I've been saving up my Mayfield yellow milk jugs. I've got a BUNCH of them.

the K

Got a few myself too. They come in handy...never know when you might need a dozen or so!!

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom