Wire Routing from a can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just saw someone that routed his wire to his light in a unique way.

The can was on his right hip DIR style, but he had taken the wire, zip tied it in a couple of spots on his BP so that the cord now came over his left shoulder. It was Z tied off to the webing above the D ring. The wire was long enough so that he could get full extension of his left arm and still hold the light. It looked very clean and w/o the wire dangling in front.

Any thoughts?

The ditching aspect is why anything on the belt should be easly removed. Both the argon bottle when mounted wreck style and the light need to be removed if you get key holed. A little practic and the light cord becomes a non-issue when gas sharing. I rember going over this in DIR-F.

Looks to me like a solution in desperate search of a problem....

In addition, how do you simply take the light off to take it to a dry place to replace/recharge the batteries? You're either forced to open the can with all your wet gear around, or you have to redo the zips each and every time...

Roak

I agree with sharkmasterbc, I struggle with the cord, but prefer to have the option of ditching it over messing with the cord. Anyone got any tricks to choosing the cord route?

Steve
sharkmasterbc:
What if he needs to switch it to his right hand ? Or ditch it altogether...

scowens:
Anyone got any tricks to choosing the cord route?
Don't know about tricks, but what works for me is to route the cord behind the long hose that's across my chest. Keeps it from dangling as well as keeps it from being an issue if I donate my reg. If you clip off the light head to the right should er D-ring, you need to remember to unroute the cord from behind the hose. I then tuck the loop in my waist belt.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom