Wireless Air Integrated Dive Computer FAILED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tibenmiami you put this on 2 other theards and have not even commented here as RJP said
Most likely problem = user error
Most likely solution = RTFM

:rofl4:

Dead Battery?
Using a Strobe?
Wrong transmitter code in the computer? (Are you using a new transmitter?)
Yes using a strobe. I have heard this could be a problem from Suunto people. This is not good because I like to take pictures

....you may need to do some dives WITH your camera, and some dives WITHOUT your camera, and see if the common factor causing the problem IS the camera. I'll get some flack here from the pro-Sunnto crowd, but it's been my experience watching Sunnto divers in person (as well as MANY reports here on SB from Sunnto divers over the years) that 'syncing' issues are par for the course with Sunntos...along with rediculous levels of over-conservatism (paranoia) so why anyone would even use Sunntos are beyond me.

....you may need to do some dives WITH your camera, and some dives WITHOUT your camera, and see if the common factor causing the problem IS the camera. I'll get some flack here from the pro-Sunnto crowd, but it's been my experience watching Sunnto divers in person (as well as MANY reports here on SB from Sunnto divers over the years) that 'syncing' issues are par for the course with Sunntos...along with rediculous levels of over-conservatism (paranoia) so why anyone would even use Sunntos are beyond me.
I thought about it. The 2 (two) times that the transmitter would not sync I was taking pictures. Which brand(s) do you recommend? Also, were those brands tried taking pictures?

I have two Suunto Vytecs. Love the wrist computer but both have failed to link, and relink, so many times that I gave up. I now use a brass and glass pressure gauge. I tried everything I could think of for over a year, talked to factory tecs, dealers, other divers, tried different methods of relinking, changed batteries, etc. Good luck. Let us know if you figure this out.

P.S. It's not your camera causing the problem.
Not the camera, the technology is NOT there yet? This is the conclusion. Nice toy to have but does not work all the time

Yes using a strobe. I have heard this could be a problem from Suunto people. This is not good because I like to take pictures

Not the camera, the technology is NOT there yet? This is the conclusion. Nice toy to have but does not work all the time
When this technology was first hatched I was one of the early adopters. Whenever my strobes were cycling in proximity to my wrist I would lose the signal, rendering the feature all but useless. But it always had gadget appeal to me, and I stayed with the technology for the last ~17 years. I still use the same strobes (Nikonos SB105s) and a Suunto D9. In the ~4 years and ~300 dives I have used the D9, I have never seen a signal lapse. Maybe you got a lemon, but I am sure that the technology is much improved since the early days and capable of trouble-free operation. But it's still an unnecessary gadget, so if you have qualms about it, don't use it. You could buy a nice lens for the price of an AI computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom