Wisdom-2 Altitude sensor set on Level-2, w/n reset to sealevel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Wisdom-2 with just over 50 dives on it...gift from my wife :) But it shows LEU-2 which is 3000'-5000' and we are at 80' in Florida. I read and reread the manual which basically says there a pressure sensor that automatically sets the altitude and pressure. Is there any way to reset it to sea level? Seems like it should work for a lot more than 50 dives before you have to send it in for repairs :(

Hopefully it still in warranty, it will need to go in for service to correct the LEV problem. You can try this but I don't think it will work but put it in warm water with vinegar. Soak for about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Hi @Jamie Shields

Sounds like a bad sensor to me. I think the Wisdom 2 was replaced by the Wisdom 3 about 5 or 6 years ago, though I don't know how long they were available. It's probably unlikely that your computer is still under warranty. Regardless, I would check with Sherwood to see if it could be repaired or replaced at reasonable cost.

Sherwood computers are manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems (now owned by Aqua Lung, previously part of AUP), as are Oceanic computers. I had 2 Pro Plus computers in which the sensors went out well after the warranty expired. Oceanic ended up replacing both with refurbished Pro Plus 2s for a very reasonable price and they are still going strong. Oceanic still has a similar program that can be found on their website under support/service. As an example,they will repair or replace a Pro Plus 2 for $175, a lot less than the cost of a new computer. I could not find a similar program on the Sherwood site but it could not hurt to call them.

Good luck and good diving,

Craig

I forgot oceanic is the one that does 2 years after purchase, Sherwood does 2 years after manufactured date. Also it doesn't sound like it been serviced in the last year so you can't use that for warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom