Wisdom II issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreckdiverjoey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I am need of advice as to what to do with my Sherwood Wisdom II. I recently bought it earlier this year 2008, and is registered with Sherwood. The issues that, I am now experiencing is that when you first turn it on. It scrolls up normally, then shuts down, and these letters appear on the screen; "ALT". Then, it shuts down again, even after several attempts with it as before.
But, on occassion, I have placed it in the water, then it turns on and works properly. My question is why is this unit doing this, when it never done it in the beginning. Plus, when I sent an email to Sherwood, thru their website, they have yet to respond to this date. And, I am very glad that I have kept my old Aeris 300G as a back up. But, really liked the Sherwood Wisdom II for it's flexibility to change from mode to mode. Altho', I have got a little leary of it right now, to the point that friends don't even want me to trust it, nor dive with it.
Please, can someone actually tell me what is going on here, and what are my options. Thanks,

Seems your Wisdom II is lacking wisdom... Any of the computers that I have seen with the ALT error have had to go back to the factory to be serviced. Even if you can get it to turn on by going into the water I don't know if I would recommend that, something just isn't right.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. But, just want to know what that means, plus do I have to send it back to the company ?? Even when they aren't responding to my requests ....

I have the same computer..haven't come up with this problem yet...I don't remember seeing anything in the manual either..keep me uppdated if you can.

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. But, just want to know what that means, plus do I have to send it back to the company ?? Even when they aren't responding to my requests ....

Sherwood will almost always refer you back to your local dealer for service and warranty work and repairs. I haven't had any Wisdom's come back with problems, they have been extremely reliable.
Let me know if you don't have a local authorized Sherwood dealer that can help you.

Cap'n Larry's got it, usually the dealer that you got it from will return it to Sherwood for you. It's got a 2 year warranty on it so they should be able to get you up and running again. It's a great computer, My parents love theirs, dad because it's got BIG numbers, and mom because of the bar graph's on the sides.

Mine screwed up recently as well. My dealer organized its repair and its shipping back to me as we speak. Took 3-5 weeks.

Hey, Sorry, I haven't been back on here lately. I lost a few sites on my computer by accident. But, finally got things back in order. As for my Sherwood Wisdom II, it still acts up. But, of course, I haven't dove with it lately. I haven't taken it to my local dealer due to the fact that, I "work" for them. And, saw this computer with some buddies at the Scuba Flea mkt, in Toms River, NJ. So, I got it thinking that it was ok, but for a full year of good service. Now, it is showing "ALT" then shutdown, but at times it fires up ok. I am kind of gunshy of asking my boss to send it back for me when I didn't get it from them in the first place. So, what is my options here, since, I have either lost, or misplaced the dealer from New York's card as to whom I bought it from. And, I cannot remember their name, so I am lost at this point. And, really liked the computer for all it's functions. So, I am not sure where I really stand at this point. Anyone have a suggestion? I have registered the computer with Sherwood, but don't receive any replies back to my inquiries from them.

Back
Top Bottom