Wish me luck!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMule

Registered
Reaction score
Getting ready to head out for my first session of OW. 54 degree water with the air temp topping out today at around the same. It's currently 39.... I guess this is the opposite of baptism by fire. LOL!!

Cya,

Mike

PS: This is my friends site that convinced me that diving was something I need to get in to. http://www.ocscuba.com

TheMule:
Getting ready to head out for my first session of OW. 54 degree water with the air temp topping out today at around the same. It's currently 39.... I guess this is the opposite of baptism by fire. LOL!!

Cya,

Mike

PS: This is my friends site that convinced me that diving was something I need to get in to. http://www.ocscuba.com
Follow your training, have fun, and oh uh - good luck. :D But I guess you're already out there...?

Have fun, Mike, and remember--if you can handle that, the warm-water diving will be a breeze. First time you fall in with just bc, mask, and fins, you'll think, "didn't it used to be more difficult than this?"

Bryan

Bryan St.Germain:
Have fun, Mike, and remember--if you can handle that, the warm-water diving will be a breeze. First time you fall in with just bc, mask, and fins, you'll think, "didn't it used to be more difficult than this?"

Bryan

He's said 54 degree water. As far as I''m concerned that is warm water in January:D

Seriously Mike, I hope it all went well, be sure to check back in and load up your profile so we can offer more specific assistance.

Pete

Hey Gang,

Made it back. Visibility was ummmm hmmmm well let's just say not too good. Water was cold but not a total system shock. I made 2 dives today and am going back to get the other 2 finished up tomorrow. I will give you the full skinny tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike

PS: Temp was 52.

TheMule:
Hey Gang,

Made it back. Visibility was ummmm hmmmm well let's just say not too good. Water was cold but not a total system shock. I made 2 dives today and am going back to get the other 2 finished up tomorrow. I will give you the full skinny tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike

PS: Temp was 52.
There you go - you just do it. :thumb:

What kind of exposure protection did you use for a temperature like that?

-McGill

Made it!!!!! I did dive 3 got out of the water then headed right back in for dive 4. Air temp was 44 (Raining too) so the water felt better LOL!! I really feel like I accomplished something this weekend since the elements were part of the challenge.

VG: I had a hood, gloves, boots, and a wetsuit (7mm). It's not totally comfortable but not undoable either. I was in the water for around and hour or so.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom