Wish me Luck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tomorrow will be my first attempt at shooting with my C4040 in the Ikelite housing. I have read and reread the pdf on shooting without the external strobe and have set the custom defaults to match up with the recommendations in that article. The only difference is I have it set to full telephoto for starters because that is what Ikelite recommends to avoid a shadow in the lower left corner. After experimenting above water I find that's absolutely true. Time to put in a fresh set of batteries and I should be ready for tomorrow.

You're gonna love the C-4040. Can't say about the Ike housing cause I don't have one. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy!

I have that housing (but had the 3040 in it) ..... I liked it so much I got the Ikelite housing for the 5050....

So that should cover it ..... Dee with the camera and me with the housing !!!! I can say that I really liked the 3040 though :)

Have a blast ...we will be looking for some photos !!!!:D

I just need to figure out how to downsize them a little so I can post them here. I was shooting in SHQ mode so they are anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 MB each!

It's hard to believe but my biggest problem was several subjects getting too close. Blue Angels are normally very shy but I had one trying to nibble on my pinky (left the gloves off on the first dive to get a better feel for the controls) while I was trying to frame him up with the C4040 set on 103mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom