WKPP dive reports and photo galleries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Amazing, absolutely amazing! Would it be ok if I used some of the pics in my powerpoint presentations for my OW and AOW classes?
Ber :lilbunny:

I respectfully ask that you do not take the photos from the WKPP galleries for your personal use. It has been a ten year struggle to get photos this good from Wakulla, and the photographers donate their efforts to the WKPP and GUE (which holds the copyright). If the images start appearing elsewhere, we're going to loose the support and trust of our photographers.

thanks,

Anthony

120 offers the only straight view back towards the 190 restriction (i.e., the first possible sighting from the basin of the returning team), so yes the meet-and-greet team is going down to the 120 drop for their check. Everyone in the basin is breathing 190 gas, so 120 is a very workable depth.

true:
I respectfully ask that you do not take the photos from the WKPP galleries for your personal use. It has been a ten year struggle to get photos this good from Wakulla, and the photographers donate their efforts to the WKPP and GUE (which holds the copyright). If the images start appearing elsewhere, we're going to loose the support and trust of our photographers.

thanks,

Anthony

That's why I always ask and I appreciate your response and will honor it. Thank you.
Ber :lilbunny:

chickdiver:

Any idea what they are filled to? Standard "cave fill" or do they keep within the rated specs?

No Thread Left Behind!
I asked a question and no one knew the answer...darnit. :(
....or was it just that no one cares? :shocked:

edit:
According to this (way down at the bottom in the pictures)
http://www.gue.com/Projects/WKPP/Updates/wkpp-may19.html

Casey was using double LP121s, as stated previously, but he had 321cf of usable gas for his primary RB80. After some quick tank math it would appear that they're pumped up to 3,500psi.

i doubt that double lp120s filled to rated specs are 'DIR'...

better to use double hp120, hp119s or hp130s if you're going to stick with what is stamped on the tanks...

so, with 321 cu ft * 8 = 2568 cu ft (OC equivalent)

use a nice round number like 10 ata / 300 fsw:

0.75 cu ft/min/ata * 10 ata = 7.5 cu ft / min

2568 cu ft / 7.5 cu ft / min = 342 min = 5.7 hours

and i'll bet that casey typically has a SAC which is lower than 0.75...

i can hit 0.45 without getting CO2 buildup:

2568 cu ft / 4.5 cu ft / min = 570 min = 9.5 hours

and an Al80 at that depth goes in 10-17 mins depending on SAC rate, but plugged into the switchblock it should go 82-137 mins.

losing your RB80 at that depth would really suck...

Keep in mind that the back gas is the emergency reserve-- the RB80 teams are breathing their drive/stage bottles during the dive, and additional safety stages are placed every few thousand feet through the cave as back-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom