women and scuba kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I find that girls are MUCH better with kids than us dopey males - i run a scuba dive centre on Koh Samet, and we have lots of families.. its hard to find nice, family focused female divemasters who are good with kids... :06:

Anthony

a personal thing - i watch any male like a hawke when they go near our 12yr old diving niece. a female staff member i would feel more comfortable but again, under my watchful eye.

i do not let her dive with anyone else unless its myself or hubby.

You really touched on something, Milktrayman...

Ever since I got my c-card I've wanted to complete my divemaster training and work specifically with women / families. With all my own family responsibilities, I never had the chance. Next year both of my kids will be in college, but I'm 43...does anyone get their DM at that age?

WasWild:
You really touched on something, Milktrayman...

Ever since I got my c-card I've wanted to complete my divemaster training and work specifically with women / families. With all my own family responsibilities, I never had the chance. Next year both of my kids will be in college, but I'm 43...does anyone get their DM at that age?

43??? I would hope so!!! One of the best divemasters in my area of the world is a female who didn't start diving until her 50th birthday. And she is tops in the area of working with both females and children.

We bring with us wisdom that only comes with age. And we understand the specific needs and issues that other females have. We can talk about issues with women that our male counterparts would have a hard time dealing with. We are also able to work with kids without having parents worry about inappropriate behaviours. (It's sad really that we live in a world that this would be an issue...but it is.)

I find that being a woman in the dive arena is nothing but an advantage. And in talking to males in the industry...I've yet to find any disagreement.

Best of luck! Helping others to discover the underwater world is something that is hugely rewarding...

Cindy
http://www.girldiver.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom