Wonder where the Belize live aboards are

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom725

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As Hurricane Dean bears down on the Yucatan Pannusila, I cannot help but wonder where the Belize live aboard boats are. This hurrican looks like it will hit Mexico more than Belize.

PS. Not bashing any operation, Just curious.

A good friend of mine owns TMM here in Belize. I just talked to him and he already took all his boats down to the Rio Dulce in Guatemala. He even took them all out of Placencia, which looks pretty safe right now. It was a hard lesson learned from Hurricane Iris in 2001. I would guess any boat in the region is headed that way.

Hopefully, no one will ever make those same mistakes.

The Pilot (Nekton) is in the Bahamas. They don't move down till Oct.

Nekton Rorqual is located in Fort Lauderdale for USCG inspections was in Cayman Islands.

SunDancer II headed south to a protected harbor. Thats the info I was given. Not sure which harbor though, but the important thing is they are all safe, and expect to be back in operation at the end of the week.

Hi guys

thread moved from Accidents and Incidents to Central America/Belize for discussion

cheers

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Hopefully, no one will ever make those same mistakes.

Me too... I lost a friend on the Wave Dancer. He had just replaced my #1 dive buddy on board so she came home safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom