Woo Hoo.. finally Poseidon XStream Revu!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you get a blast of air with an upstream design until the valve seats. but this is an advantage, because it blows out any moisture in the system.

jgard once bubbled...
you get a blast of air with an upstream design until the valve seats. but this is an advantage, because it blows out any moisture in the system.

I use both (2) 2960 & (1) 3960 Odins & they both give prim. & sndry blast of air until they seal. I like it that way. It blows any crud or dust/dirt out of both 2nd stages.

I think I will only give up my Odins when they come out w/the little rebreathers they "used" in Episode I when they dove in w/Jar Jar. :D

diver magazine IMHO found itself in an editorial pickle because in a previous review by the venerable john bantin was quite positive. there was actually fine print in the "shootout review" acknowledging disagreement.

just goes to show that we end users can't rely on subjective reviews as basis for gear choices. one man's reassuring blast is another's excessive purge. ho hum. nothing like trying out the rig yourself.

and as for the initial freeflow, thanks for the explanation. the reviewers considered this a nuisance. ho hum redux.

happy new year!

K

manila, philippines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom