Woo Hooooo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackdav

Reaction score
Well, we just got back from San Carlos Mexico. LOML, and we both certified for Nitrox. The diving was wonderful (best I've ever done), and the very night after the morning she certified, my wife went with me (and a DM) on a (first for the both of us) nite dive in about 50 fsw. Next day we went on a couple of un-shaperoned free dives for the first time, and the experience was absolutely magical. Visibility was about 75' and there was life, life, life everywhere ..... fish (little intense purple ones, and absurd puffer ones, striped ones and needly-nosed ones) and bivalves, and starfish of many types and colors, and seals and sea lions (a huge bull specimen of which gave me an unforgettable rush of sh*t to the heart when he approached my head at mach 2 only to veer off when he was 10 millimeters away), and crabs and weird worm looking things and coral ...... wow! And then I flipped over on my back to see the surface so fat above and had a brief appreciation of the magnificent volume of ..... space..... I was in. So we are both totally stoked and totally hooked..... only question is where to next?

Jack in Phoenix

Jack,

I can tell that your grades in English Compostion made your parents proud! That was a wonderful report and to paraphrase Keralucu: welcome to unabashed addiction!

Where next? There is hardly a bad place to scuba dive! (Except, maybe, Arizona--the all beach no ocean state--to quote Vice President Fishkiller.)

Keep the great reports coming!

Joewr...wondering if Sea Lions have afterburners...

Jack,

Sounds like you folks are really stoked! The whole worlds open to you. Just find the cash and go!

Jack

It's nice to read that San Carlos has cleared up after the hurricane that went through.

Those sea lions are a wonderful group. if we were just a 10th as manuverable as they are under water..

As you know in Arizona we only have the low vis lakes or the eight hour drive to the ocean accross this wonderful beach

Originally posted by jackdav
... and seals and sea lions (a huge bull specimen of which gave me an unforgettable rush of sh*t to the heart when he approached my head at mach 2 only to veer off when he was 10 millimeters away...

I know what you're saying. Exactly the same thing happened to me when I was diving on a charter out of San Diego last year (Cornodado Islands (sp?). As you say it scare the sh*t to places it shouldn't go. But what an awesome experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom