Work of Breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okie:
Thanks for the info, it's very informative.
It sure would be easier if I weren't so particular (okay, maybe anal is more accurate) about things, but when my life depends on this stuff I don't want to take any chances!
I always love the part where it is life support and gotta be good, but I need to go to the low bidder, or inexpensive or cheap. I guess what you are saying is that you want to buy the best regulator that you can justify spending X on. ( X being what your life is worth ? )

Just giving you a hard time. I guess I would buy the best regulator I could afford instead of a bunch of average stuff.

adios don O

Uh, the Zeagle DS-V is anything but cheap and average. I just don't feel compelled to be a gear elitist who has to spend $1400 on the overpriced Atomic T2 because it's trendy and cool. On the other hand I'm not going to run out and buy a cheap toy either. I believe there are reasonably priced, high quality regulators out there and I'm simply trying to research my options. And yes, I am trying to find the best one I can afford.

Okie,

If you want to look at a great-performing regulator for a low price, consider the Cressi-Sub Airtech. It sells for the low $200 range, and every review and user comment I've seen is positive.

Zeagle Envoy is one of the best of the low-priced regs. I've taken it to 150 feet and it breathes as smooth as a baby's butt.

Consistency of test seems to be a frequent frustration. Many tets are focused on newest, high performance or budget categories to name a few. To find 2 products of interest in a common test is a gift.

If you can get both candidates on a common flow bench you may get some relative information. Then agan within a class subjective properties may be more significant than objective.

Pete

okie:
The Delta 4 looks like a great reg but it's a bit more than I want to spend. I've been looking at the Zeagle DS-V because it's price point is more to my liking and it seems to be of very good quality. I know you represent Oceanic but I would like to hear how you would compare the Delta 4 to the DS-V. Also, how does the GT3 compare to both of them? Thanks for your opinion.

BTW, I have a Versa Pro Wrist and I am very impressed with its quality. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Oceanic product. But, like most people, I'm trying to get the best quality at the best price.

The DS-V is a great reg and equal to the GT3. The Oceanic GT 3 is an excellent value at it's price point. If you can find a non DVT version there are some serious deals to be had!

Back
Top Bottom