Worst dive trip ever!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Age does make a difference, so does being nice. I, too, am living in my 5th decade, and Yes, that is a current picture of me in a bikini in my profile.

And what a wonderful picture it is! How are you, Brat, darlin'?

Life's been a bit busy on this end, but basically okay...

All the best,
-Grier

As a boat Captain and Dive Master there are so many things that can go wrong and if they all occur at or about the same time life sucks. I wasn't on board and can't comment on the Captain/crew but I'm willing to try and change your opinion on mid-atlantic dive operations.

Come up to Virginia Beach, VA and I'll put you on some great wrecks with decesnt visibility about 30 miles off shore. Here's a thread I posted awhile back.

A hot commodity, 6 pack dive boat launching operations for the 2009 diving season. Pelican Dive Charter is offering recreational dive trips off the coast of Virginia Beach to some of the most historic wrecks on the east coast. John Morgan, Lillian Luckenbach, Francis Powell and many more wrecks ranging from 50 to 100 foot dives.

Pelican Dive Charter put their divers on the wrecks at an afforable price. Most wreck are located 15 to 30 miles off shore. We cater to spearfishing, tech diving, and underwater photographers.

Visit our web site:www (dot) pelicandivecharter (dot) com

Much of our diving VA/NC is in larger than normal conditions, with strong currents at depth. You should know your skill level, and not push it. I've been diving in Florida with the same conditions and they have canceled, and it was just an avarage Mid Atlantic day. On another note, we can have great vis on the first dive, and next to nothing on the next. Be ready for anything. No one on that Boat forces you to Dive. Take a reel with you, and put it on the anchor line if it's bad.

Not to sound like a pain, but you shouldn't tie your line to the anchor/anchor line. If the anchor comes loose then you are screwed and you have possibly lost your up line. Instead, tie near to the anchor so that if the boat is gone, you aren't left drifting in the
Atlantic.

Dove one time with them and that was enought. Try Outer banks Diving for megalodon teeth, went last weekend had a great time

Dove with Tom one time and that was enought, there are alot of good operation in the area for shark tooth diving, try cape fear dive center or outer banks diving out of hatterous

Hmmm, both oatmon & the OP are from Maryland.
Coincidence? I think not.
Some people need to stay on the big boats, 6 packs take a better class of diver to really enjoy. IMHO

Hmmm, both oatmon & the OP are from Maryland.
Coincidence? I think not.
Some people need to stay on the big boats, 6 packs take a better class of diver to really enjoy. IMHO

things that make you go :hm:

I agree that oatmon/the OP is better served sticking to the larger boats around here and leave the six pack boats to others.

Oatmon/OP.....If you are going to post something like this in your first two posts, then at least have the coglioni to use your real name. :no:

I haven't been diving with Tom, but would in a minute. He is a solid guy and went out of his way to make it easy for me to get the tanks I bought from him. I loved my first six pack experience out of Beaufort and look forward to diving with Tom out of Wilmington sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom