Worth a look

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Jones

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I know members have mentioned how amazing sea creatures are in the past.

One of the Owners of a vessell steered me towards this one yesterday and I thought it was worth sharing.

We know that Octopus are the underwater masters of camoflage ( did I spell that right? ). If you follow the trail this is pretty amazing stuff.

search ted dot com

Go to TED: Ideas worth spreading which is an inspirational speakers site.

You will then see a green tree frog icon called Evolutional Genius... click that

Now you will see a Dave Gallo video option for underwater marvels. THATS THE ONE

Bear with it at the start when it profiles deep water creatures and their illumination, but once your past that check out the Occy footage. I'm sure you will be impressed.

Regards Andy

P.S Have a great weekend all

I think this has been posted on the board before. Is this the one where the very last scene is an octopus on a little bommie, then it swims away when the diver gets close, and then they reverse slow motion it to show it camouflage?

If so, then it is awesome!

That's right, the split colour. I love this video. I actually saved it to my hard drive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom