Would anyone know what this is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoXiDe

Registered
Reaction score
I think I've got a hard one for you all, take a look below. It was attached to a boat's mast. The mast is at least 3ft wide, possibly... This was discovered during a wreck dive.

n30t1x.png

it's a slipper lobster, sometimes goes under the name spanish lobster.

Not common to see out in the open in the daylight

Slipper Lobster or shovel-nosed lobster are the names I have heard. They are my favorite lobster to eat!

Sweeter meat then spiney lobster and not regulated in Florida so always in season. :D I have never been able to spot them myself. The few that I have seen found were well camouflaged and tucked into a hole.

They are fast. Grabbed one on the Rosin offshore NC and it was stronger than I thought. Shot off about two feet. Stopped and laughed at me and then down into the wreckage. Also saw one inshore on the Dredge Wreck offshore NC. Again far faster than I was.

This one was located in Roatan, Honduras at the "Eel Garden." (Anthony's Key Resort") I think that was it.. I had a lot of different island dives that week. haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom