Would Government Regulation of Diving Be So Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it would be bad.

Snowbear:
So you assumed....

may I suggest you look up the difference between
an assumption and an inference? :eyebrow:

oh, heck, i'll do it for you:

assumption: Something taken for granted or accepted as true without proof; a supposition: a valid assumption.

inference: The act or process of deriving logical conclusions from known premises. The act of reasoning from factual knowledge or evidence.

whereas nothing in my questions indicated my position (thus
anyone who thought i was pro-intervention was assuming that), the posts in response
provided a basis for me to infer that many of the posters were assuming i was pro-intervention.

so, had you said, "So you inferred..." you would have been correct :wink:

I spent two years at Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach. I won't tell you when but suffice it to say it was probably before some of you were born :11:
Govt testing, what value does it have? When we first entered each class, they instructed us as to where to buy the FAA exam AND answer booklet so we could prepare for the test's we would one day take. Every class was directed to being able to pass these tests one day. Every test was fashioned after the style of the FAA tests. Every question was formed like the ones on the FAA tests. The majority of effort was spent in trying to prepare the graduates to pass these tests. Granted, there were still O's and P's that would have to be completed but my point is this. Even in my OWD course I wasn't given the answers to the questions. I had to find them oin my own in the book. If a Govt agency controled the diving industry there would imo be a decreased level of preparedness and not an increased one. Every shop could then teach to the test and no more. Prepare the student for what the "agency" in its ultimate wisdom decided was "important". As I said before, keep the govt out of as much as possible Pleeaasse!

Jeff

H2Andy:
may I suggest you look up the difference between
an assumption and an inference? :eyebrow:

That's your problem - you're too contentious.
Keep up the good work.

dweeb:
Keep up the good work.

Awww, you fellers jest git a tad cranky when you're out of water.

dweeb:
Keep up the good work.

oh my god! i think i just fainted in a dead swoon

dweeb thinks i am "too contentious"

dang... this is a proud day :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom