Would like to search local lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schulace123

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live on a large local lake here in Minnesota (lake Minnetonka) there are a couple of islands/beaches that have had activity for about a 100 years or so and I have never heard or seen anyone metal detecting. I really think it would be a gold mine...I know of 3 rings just from friends that have fallen in ha. I'm not to familiar with metal detectors and would like some advice on purchasing a FW detector. Any advice helps :D

thanks, Chris

Good luck...Since you are fresh water, I'd not go the PI route. The main advantage of PI is in salt water. Depending on what you are looking to spend, a tiger shark is a good one for the budget minded... I can recommend a good tesoro dealer. There is also the CZ-21 ( I had the previous version CZ-20 which was great until it leaked in salt water. was very old ) Currently saving for a minelab explorer. I would deffinitly avoid the cobra underater detector...only heard bad things...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom