Would you buy a reg and computer online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet you can get 2 sets for that price. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to consider shopping somewhere else.

Yes. You can outfit a Florida diver for $1500, easy. That would include a computer and a tank, too. One must abandon the myth that only the most expensive gear is safe.

Yes. You can outfit a Florida diver for $1500, easy. That would include a computer and a tank, too. One must abandon the myth that only the most expensive gear is safe.

Expensive gear isn't necessarily safe, however cheap gear isn't necessarily safe either.

Unless you don't dive much, the purchase price isn't actually the most important part of a gear purchase. The important part is

• Is the equipment suitable for my needs?
  • Who is going to service it?
  • How good are they?
  • How long will it take to get it to them, have it serviced and get it back?
Terry

I would easily go online over anything else.. last two complete sets have been online and no regrets..

pick out your gear on Liesure pros website, then ask for a custom quote.. may take a few hours more but its well worth it in the end. Saved us tons!

ST is a great company to deal with. Enjoy your new toys:D

I can't wait for it to get here..:D When it gets here. Trust me I will enjoy!! :wink:

As far as equipment pricing. I have seen BCD's packages with BCD, computer,regs starting at $370 on up..wetsuits for around $100,etc... Depends on what you are looking for. I ordered thing that will grow with me the further I take on more training...
Kurt

I can't wait for it to get here..:D When it gets here. Trust me I will enjoy!! :wink:

As far as equipment pricing. I have seen BCD's packages with BCD, computer,regs starting at $370 on up..wetsuits for around $100,etc... Depends on what you are looking for. I ordered thing that will grow with me the further I take on more training...
Kurt

It is worth getting the higher level gear if you intend to get more serious into diving over the basic packages. Dive safe, :crafty:

Yes, I would as long as I'm dealing with a factory authorized dealer.
The problem is that every time I take walk into my LDS with a price for them to match they do so or beat the price on gear they are authorized to sell.
This really hasn't been a problem I still make purchases from online sources but my major purchases have been made locally.
I find the arguement that local shops can't compete to be a fictional statement the fact is that many just don't want to.
As for the quality level of some of the manufacturers that don't allow internet sales of their product by authorized dealers or those that set MAP. There are plenty of quality products manufactured by companies without these restrictive and non competative practices. I will not spend my leisure dollars on any new product that doesn't compete in a truly open market.

The funniest thing about all these people who continue to mock the LDS and really demand that they keep up with the big internet sites is that you guys don't truly realize how much cheaper it is to run a internet business. Your over head cost is so much cheaper and with that they can come down in their prices from the msrp to attract all you bargin basement shoppers who want the best but shy away from paying for it.

As for price fixing in asia, it happens but not in the way you may think. You may see a price but in most asian countrys it is just a starting point for your sell as you can, especially in china and south korea, get a lot lower price.

Just find a place that gives you the best service, stop asking people online for information and get the right stuff to fit your budget. To often on forums like these you see people push their favorite shop ( LP is mention a lot on here) and how the LDS need to compete so you and I, the diver, can recieve the best service for little to no cost. Things in life aren't free.

Hope you get your stuff soon and start diving. That is more exciting then where you bought it from.

I have and will continue to do so. no good lds close by.

This may have been said, but there are only a couple of Manufactures that refuse to warranty scuba gear sold online. Scubapro, and Atomic are two that come to mind, so avoid them! :D

You can purchase your gear from ScubaToys online and it will ALL carry a manufactures warranty. This is true from a lot of online retailers.

LP offers their own warranty, and considering they replaced a mask that I likely broke (had a tank set on it) after two months, that warranty is likely as good as any manufacture from my experience.

If you LDS does not want to play nice, than buy elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom