Would you ever have said this before a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We just got back from a lovely dive vacation on an Island located well south of the border and far far away from US law. It was a fantastic day, with a wee group of four on the boat: me, my husband, a woman from the states who was travelling by herself, and our DM, who was a local.

Just before our dive into a deep and cavernous site, the woman from the states casually remarks to the DM, whom she has dived with for a few years but is not related to, that he is one of the recipients on her LIFE INSURANCE!

I mean! :11: Is that a lot of trust or what?

Is it possible to be narked before you even enter the water?

If I took out an insurance policy on another diver, should I tell him? :)

We just got back from a lovely dive vacation on an Island located well south of the border and far far away from US law. It was a fantastic day, with a wee group of four on the boat: me, my husband, a woman from the states who was travelling by herself, and our DM, who was a local.

Just before our dive into a deep and cavernous site, the woman from the states casually remarks to the DM, whom she has dived with for a few years but is not related to, that he is one of the recipients on her LIFE INSURANCE!

I mean! :11: Is that a lot of trust or what?

Is it possible to be narked before you even enter the water?

Maybe she was just joking.

If I took out an insurance policy on another diver, should I tell him? :)

Just don't tell anyone else. :D

Gary D.

An ex I broke up with 7 years ago used a delivery pizza box top to make out a will before we went boating once. It was shortly after a wife fell overboard and disappeared during a similar excursion with her hubby. The hand written will says I get everything (ie. all her stuff) except if she disappears from a boating trip.

I am still listed as additional cardholder on her Costco account, so I still have the pizza box top! :lotsalove:

Long ago and far, far away (1974) I ditched my life insurance policies, sold my car, divorced my wife (N0.2) at that time and bought a new Harley Super Glide. The money was much better spent on the bike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom