would you put a inexperienced diver on this dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please don't take this the wrong way but I thought it necessary to point out that the Op has less than 25 dives himself according to his profile. Much of what you are expecting him to know he may not be aware of himself. On the other hand he may be a much faster learner than me.

I was completely unaware of your Scubaboard rule that dictates that I must read all the posts before replying to one. :confused:

halemanō;5342787:
It is often a good practice to read every post in a long thread so as to not swallow a size 12.

Even when you do possibly read every post, I see that obstructive size 12's are always a hazzard. :mooner:

I primarily was bothered by the 134' violation of Standards. I am just not sure how/why an Instructor would participate in that, advertise it here and then staunchly defend it? Maybe only to obtain reactions; OK, I fell for it. (Again)

I am just not sure how you can read this entire thread and then come up with this statement?

I have been arguing that since the mix that will be used is 32% and this dive (>5,000 miles from where I live) is being conducted by a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor with a PADI Nitrox Diver as the student, I am highly doubtful that the planned max depth of the dive is deeper than the 1.4 ppO2 depth of the mix, which is also the reported depth of the shallowest portions of the wreck.

"I am just not sure how/why an Instructor would participate in that, advertise it here and then staunchly defend it?"

What and who exactly are you referring too with this statement? :confused:

I guess I have again jumped in and voiced my opinions in a forum composed on many individual's opinions and I still value my own opinion as much if not more than others but still enjoy reading and considering others and even making a comment when the urge strikes me and I fail to suppress it!

My SB forum "view" settings have not been customized so I see 10 posts per page. Have you read and comprehended pages 9-11? That is posts 81-110.

If an opinion is pretty much completely uninformed with regards to the discussion, what value does it have even for the too proud author of said opinion? :idk:

Preacher,

I can assure you that i understand the situation fully, as i am the only one who knows all the participants and the facts about the dive. Now if there are those who choose not to or can not come to a opinion based on all the information that has been provided so be it. I have been compared to bill clinton which i found very comical and While this is feeble attempt to dilute and twist the facts presented and to lure me into a debate ,it simply is not going to happen. Calling me liar has pretty much showed the character of the poster who said it,as their ego is much larger than their knowledge of the facts. It does not matter how many people one has surrounding them on a dive or how experienced they happen to be, as control is an illusion and if anyone thinks otherwise their sense of reality is warped. Preacher i in no way take offence with your post as we do not know one another or could you know my background .I hope everyone understands that my only concern on this whole issue was to keep a diver safe and it is between he and i and if it takes me losing an acquaintance or a friend to keep them from doing something stupid ,that may end their life,i would do it without hesitation. I thank everyone for their contribution and support in this thread and think that most of you are great people .I had the opportunity to dive with 3 of the members today and they were very intelligent, skilled, friendly divers that i very much enjoyed diving with and hope to meet more of you along the way.

Vince

Preacher,

I can assure you that i understand the situation fully, as i am the only one who knows all the participants and the facts about the dive. Now if there are those who choose not to or can not come to a opinion based on all the information that has been provided so be it. I have been compared to bill clinton which i found very comical and While this is feeble attempt to dilute and twist the facts presented and to lure me into a debate ,it simply is not going to happen. Calling me liar has pretty much showed the character of the poster who said it,as their ego is much larger than their knowledge of the facts. It does not matter how many people one has surrounding them on a dive or how experienced they happen to be, as control is an illusion and if anyone thinks otherwise their sense of reality is warped. Preacher i in no way take offence with your post as we do not know one another or could you know my background .I hope everyone understands that my only concern on this whole issue was to keep a diver safe and it is between he and i and if it takes me losing an acquaintance or a friend to keep them from doing something stupid ,that may end their life,i would do it without hesitation. I thank everyone for their contribution and support in this thread and think that most of you are great people .I had the opportunity to dive with 3 of the members today and they were very intelligent, skilled, friendly divers that i very much enjoyed diving with and hope to meet more of you along the way.

Vince

Well said :clapping:

Now if there are those who choose not to or can not come to a opinion based on all the information that has been provided so be it.

While this is feeble attempt to dilute and twist the facts presented and to lure me into a debate ,it simply is not going to happen.

Calling me liar has pretty much showed the character of the poster who said it,as their ego is much larger than their knowledge of the facts.

Yes, I guess there is more rehashing to be done. I'm going to start at the bottom; the reason my ego is much larger than my knowledge of the facts is that this thread had supplied us with very little in the way of knowledge of the facts.

I have not been trying to lure you into a debate; I have been trying to find some actual facts with which to form an opinion!

Very little in the way of factual information has been provided so if anyone that really thinks an opinion based on the flimsy parameters of the OP's story is a worthy opinion, so be it.

What has happened to take your time and learn. What is the rush for this guy to make such a dive? I concur with the comments above. In the years right after WW2 there was a sign at the British Navy Dive school, It read, "There are old divers and there are bold divers. But there are no old, bold divers." This guy sounds like someone who may never become an old diver. Anyone (who is suppose to be responsible) involved in allowing this dive to occur has no business claiming they are a PROFESSIONAL in any part of the diving community.

somebody is going to die! make sure its not you or your friend! resounding NO NO NO! on this one!

This new diver is an idiot. As you read through the threads ( and I hope he/she does), not a single diver considers this safe or smart. These comments are from divers far more experienced than this new diver....isn't that a clear message?

Back
Top Bottom