Wreck Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Scuba446
Thanks DivingGal,

You know who I am...

What do you all suggest for my desire for wreck diving?

Should I get so mnay dives under my belt before thinking of additional GUE/DIR, Wreck or AOW courses?

I think I will take Nitrox soon though - first.

??

Wrecks are what most of us dive up in our neck of the woods. As most of the wrecks are beyond the 60ft range, I would suggest getting additional dives in, along with training with your agency of choice for "deep" and wreck diving. These courses should provide you with the skill sets that you should have to dive the wrecks safely.

We should try to "hook" up and try out a couple of the shore dives this summer.

Hey Canadian Gal,
Can you recommend any good shore dives up there - for soem wrecks, maybe?

Or were you talking just 'shore dives' in general, for experience?

Originally posted by Scuba446
Hey Canadian Gal,
Can you recommend any good shore dives up there - for soem wrecks, maybe?

Or were you talking just 'shore dives' in general, for experience?

Wreck shores dives--- Rothesay (near Prescott), Connestoga (near Cardinal), Lock 28 (near Cardinal)

Diving at the "water park" at the Prescott Docks is a great place to practice.

I live in Pennsylvania and enjoy diving the 1000 Islands region every year. There are a lot of good shops from Kingston up to Prescott (as far as I've gone in that direction) and most run charters to all the wrecks near them. There are plenty of great wrecks in Lake Ontario too. I think that I prefer diving there even more than North Carolina. You can't beat the pristine condition of the wrecks up there (plus it's a shorter drive for me). If you would like, I can tell you who I've dove with in that area (Prescott and Picton). I wish I wash closer, I only get a chance to dive up there 2 or 3 times a year...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom